FAQ's about our Billing Service
What key points set iNtelli-Bill apart from other billing services?
We are proven to be the best at filing claims correctly the first time with a 99.3% acceptance rate for initial claims. This is an astonishing accomplishment according to our clearing house. The National average for rejection of initial claims is approximately 3.5%. Compare that to our average at 0.73%. We attribute this reputable success to the following...
- A highly skilled billing and coding staff that doesn't believe in doing just enough to get by. They take their jobs seriously and work every day to to improve procedures and dissect your claims for perfection. You won't find more dedicated billers anywhere...
- Intense scrutiny of each claim before it is filed to assure it meets the payer's ever changing qualifications.
- A minimum of two billing and coding specialists review each claim for accuracy before sending to the payer.
- Multiple billing and coding specialists work your account and keep your claims flowing even when someone is out sick or on vacation.
- Daily filing of your claims create an evenly distributed revenue cycle for your practice throughout the month.
- AMS/iNtelli-Bill was incorporated in 1980 as a Software Developer and designed the very powerful HorizonMIS™ Practice Management & Billing System which we use in the billing service. Focused on creating the most user friendly, intuitive, and automated software possible we gained intense knowledge of the medical billing world that others are simply not subjected to. In other words, we learned the tricks of the trade and not only applied them to our software, but to our internal billing service practices. This software is far superior to the competitors. We designed it, we believe in it, and we stand by it. There is not another system available that is as inclusive with the functions necessary to keep you on point and focused.
We have an EMR. Can we use your Practice Management with it?
Yes, and we truly recommend it. - If you are utilizing our Practice Management System we can interface the PM with any EMR. This interface will send demographic and or appointment information to the EMR and retrieve charges back to the PM System. All is done electronically in the background and without user input.
What are the benefits to using HorizonMIS™ Practice Management with iNtelli-Bill billing service?
- At patient check-in you are directly presented information on collecting a co-pay, how much it is, and if the patient has a balance on their account. No more guessing if you need to collect a co-pay because it is automatically presented to you.
- Financial reports including A/R with just a few key strokes.
- Instant and On-Demand review of our progress working your account.
- Trending features to instantly revue the overall status of billing.
* There are many others and you will see more detail below in the 'FAQ's specific to our Practice Management System'.
We already have a practice management system, how do we get the charges to iNtelli-Bill?
We can set up an electronic interface between our systems and your EHR or PM System (Not necessary if using our PM) and pull the charges electronically. The use of this method must be looked at on an individual basis and is dependant on your existing systems. Other options depending on your location include local or national courier and secure document services.
Can I access financial records for my CPA?
At any time you can review and create reports on your financial data with just a few keystrokes. As well, iNtelli-Bill generates and provides you with a financial report each month when we balance and close. You will also receive more in depth quarterly reports in March, June, September, and December. These report booklets and their ancillary paperwork are mailed directly to you monthly. You can take this information - hand it to your CPA - and your done... No more scrambling to get your financial records in order.
We currently outsource to a different billing service but don't know if they are doing a good job. At times this creates trust issues. Why will it be better if we change to iNtelli-Bill?
Referring back to the first Q&A above we began as a software developer. This provided us then and still gives us today a look under the covers as to what brings in more revenue. We work closely with our clearing houses to dissect every day what changes the payers have made to their filing requirements. Considering we created and constantly update our own software these changes are implemented almost immediately. No other billing service working with 3rd party software has this capability.
As for maintaining your trust we work 100% Transparent with our clients. We mention many times on this site about the Practice Management System we provide at no charge for your office and how you can watch our work in real time. You don't have to call and ask how and if we are doing our work. You can log in to the system at anytime and see for yourself.
What about phone calls or patients in our office wanting to discuss their billing?
We relieve your office of this time consuming duty. When we send statements to your patients the phone number that appears for billing inquires is our direct billing number. If a patient is in your office you have two choices... Hand them our number and recommend they call your billing department (that's us), or you can look in the HorizonMIS™ PM System yourself and with a quick glance give them a definitive answer on the spot.
We are concerned with security. Is iNtelli-Bill located in the United States?
Absolutely YES! American Medical Systems, Inc and iNtelli-Bill are US based in Jacksonville, FL and Tellico Plains, TN. We take privacy and security very seriously and exceed all HIPAA regulations to protect your data. Your secure data never goes offshore.